Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Alabama Homecoming Pictures

After a really ugly 12-10 win tonight against Tennessee (hey, a win is still a win!), I thought that I would post a collage of pictures from the Alabama-South Carolina game that we went to last weekend. I took my Mom and this was Louis' first Alabama game ever and it had been 11 years since my last live Alabama game. It was extremely cold (for Las Vegas standards) and we just about froze to death, but I had so much fun. The only thing that would have made it better is if my cousin Bryan had been able to have been there with us. We had 4 tickets and the 4th one was supposed to have been his. But he is out defending our country, so I made sure that I had plenty of fun for the both of us! We did almost everything that I had wanted to while we were there except going to the Bear Bryant Museum. (That gives me a good excuse to go again next year!) We got to the campus really early and got great parking and got down to Bryant-Denny Stadium before most other people, so I was able to get pictures of it and us in front of it without a ton of people milling around and messing up my pictures. :) Then we went up to University Blvd to stake out a good spot to watch the Homecoming parade. We got hungry, so we got some Chik-fil-a chicken biscuits. And they were sooooo good! I miss those biscuits! We watched the parade, saw The Million Dollar Band and they stopped right in front of us and played "Yea Alabama"! That was so exciting! We also saw Richard Todd and Big Al. After the parade, we headed back over to Bryant-Denny to get us a spot to be able to watch the team at the Walk of Champions. We stood out there forever, but it was sooo worth it because we were on the front row and as you will see from the picture collage, that I got a really good shot of both Coach Saban and Mt. Cody! (And while I am talking about Mt. Cody, can I get a big ROLL TIDE for those 2 outstanding blocked field goals he did tonight?!?!)




(click on the picture and you can see it larger and see more detail)

After that, we hurried over to Coleman Coliseum to locate me and Mom's bricks so we could get pictures of them. Now, if you have ever been to Bryant-Denny, you know that Coleman Coliseum is a long way on foot from Bryant-Denny. But somehow we made it there and back with enough time to spare to get into the stadium and get comfortable before the game started. Now this game wasn't pretty either, but we came out on top 20-6, and that is all that matters!






All in all, I had the best time ever! I know that my Mom had a good time and Louis even said that he had a good time. He is such a great guy for enduring that cold weather for me! And I am ready to go again! Too bad I would have to take out a war pension in order to afford it! Anyways, hope you enjoy the pictures and ROLL TIDE!!!


Photobucket

No comments: